Introducing our award-winning vintage Rice horsebox...
One day, Beth said, “I’d love a horsebox food trailer. We could go to markets and festivals and sell lots of scrummy food. It’ll be great fun!” … and so, here we are - introducing our own handsome, vintage Rice horsebox.
As well as taking us out on the road for markets and festivals (keep an eye out for us), our Taste of The West award-winning mobile horsebox trailer is also available for you to hire.
Bringing delicious, rustic country catering directly to your venue for weddings, parties, and events, we’ll serve you and your guests from our specially converted vintage Rice horsebox trailer.
With a range of menus available, from afternoon teas, canapés, or country-style wedding picnic buffets, to a street food menu of slow-cooked and shredded meats served with rustic flatbreads, salads, and sides, we’ll give you a personal and custom service, satisfying budgets and taste buds alike.
Oozing in vintage character, the horsebox–with our charm and fabulous food–will stand out, adding a splash of fun and making your event that bit more memorable and special. So if you’re planning an event, contact us and let’s start talking menus.
And did we mention 'award-winning'? Yes, we did! Thanks to our vintage horsebox, We’re pleased to add another Taste of The West award to our collection. This time, as 2019 finalists and gold award winners in the Local Food-to-Go category.
How our horsebox came to life...
When Beth came up with the idea of taking our menu on the road to street markets and food festivals, her preferred choice wasn’t a converted van or truck, but a... horsebox. As luck would have it, Andrea had the perfect answer.
Once used to transport Andrea’s ponies around the countryside, her old Rice horsebox was about to receive the mother of all vintage makeovers, with husband, Gary, leading the project. Stripped back to its metal frame, the horsebox was completely restored and converted for purpose using materials–and expertise–from local suppliers in Ottery St. Mary.
The metal framework modifications were ably completed by locals, Ralph and Louis, while all the wood came from Smart Builders, ironmongery and bits & bobs from Abbotts Hardware, and the roof respray courtesy of Alansway. To finish, the all-important electrics were fitted and tested by Jamie from Brandon Electrical in Sidmouth.
Booking info and useful things to know...
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your contact info, event date, and location, as well as the rough number of guests you’re expecting. Check your inbox - we’ll be in touch!
- We may have to add a setup fee charge which depends on the location. Just let us know where your event is being held and we can include this when we quote for your food.
- Will our horsebox be able to get in and out of your venue safely? We’ll need to be able to turn the horsebox to get in and out (it measures 5m x 1.5m), so we’ll need to confirm and check access before we can confirm your booking.
- To cook your delicious food to order, we’ll need access to a 16amp electrical hook-up (to mains or a large generator).
- Don’t forget to tell us about any food allergies or preferences beforehand. That way, we can cater to your–and everyone’s–needs.
- While we’ll remove all the food waste and clean site waste we produce, we can’t take any general waste, bottles, or glasses from your event.
- Sorry - we don’t supply or set-up any tables, chairs or other furniture for your event.
- Not every venue can supply everything you might need for your event. We can advise on what you’ll need (crockery, china, glasses etc) to eat your chosen menu easily, so you can plan accordingly.
- We’re fully insured and have Public Liability Insurance of £5,000,000 in place.
- Our non-refundable payment terms are:
- 25% deposit of the total cost to secure your booking, with
- 50% payable 6 weeks before your event, and
- 25% balance 2 weeks before your event
- Payment by BACS is preferred using sort code: 30-94-36 and account number: 36921868
AWARD-WINNING FARM SHOP AND CAFE
Coldharbour Farm Shop
South West Cafe / Tea Room
South West Farm Shop
2018/19 - FINALIST
South West Local-Food-To-Go